As the former Medicare guy, one thing I learned about broker distribution is that you need to really stay on top of the CMS regulations about payment. It can get out of hand and pile up, compounding problems year on top of year. Once you begin to understand its complexities, you will really wonder if you are getting it right. CMS keeps amending and revising their rules, so you will need to know:
- Which changes to the CMS regulations impact AEP?
• How do unfair advantages arise from different interpretations of CMS regulations?
• How current fair market value drives all compensation
• How brokers can’t be paid until 1-1-2015
• Typical gotchas each AEP poses
• What makes and what breaks a plan’s AEP
When is it and What Is Being Discussed?
RISE asked Keith Kraemer, CEO of EvolveSPM, and Craig Hayden, former Vice President of Medicare for CDPHP to give us the updates in the regulations and implications, as well as first-hand experiences with keeping tabs on running the broker channel with all of these issues.
Register now and mark your calendars for August 26, 2014. This is a 60 minute program that starts at 1:30 p.m. EDT.
The presentation will focus on CMS payment rules affecting agents and brokers. You will want to get in on this event so you can:
- Ensure that you are in compliance with the latest CMS regulations
- Maintain marketplace competitiveness
- Understand what changes need to be adopted to avoid payment errors
- Identify critical elements for broker training, communication and education
- Avoid errors that complicate broker relations and create mistrust, eroding loyalty and sales productivity
- Minimize CMS audit risks
This presentation will be followed by a question and answer period where you can clarify and test your understanding of these regulations.
Who Should Be Signing Up?
This webinar is of particular interest to sales management, compliance officers and sales training personnel. Brokers and agents will be interested in this program to better understand how they should be paid. This applies not only to Medicare Advantage health plans and PDPs, but to all sales channels and downstream agents.
How Do I Get the Recording? RISE Contact: Kevin Mowll firstname.lastname@example.org 831-465-2283