We got a lot of encouragement at our Medicare Marketing and Sales Summit in March to create a user group for the Sales leadership of Medicare Advantage plans. These representatives voiced a similar desire; people were interested in:
- On-going learning around best practices, not just limited to one conference a year
- Easy access to peers willing to share their learned lessons and insights
- A comfortable place to bring questions, problem-solve or test new ideas before launching
- A forum to create a support network of colleagues
What Is Being Discussed?
This is a new user group but we have already mapped out some topics of interest. We will add-on, expand and evolve based on the needs of the users:
1. Best practices for sales seminar structure / process
2. How to handle online enrollment when agent identified as source: what about getting scope of appointment?
3. Governance of sales program: collaboration and involvement of marketing, compliance, enrollment, etc.?
4. How best to source sales training in readiness for AEP, including temporary hires, in-house and agents
5. With multiple products in portfolio, how to train reps on how to sell (preferred product versus agnostic “needs assessment”?)
6. How did you handle call center staffing for a 12 hour day?
7. How does your organization interpret and implement (X) guideline?
8. How did you deal with (X) challenge?
Who Will Be Involved?
The first user group to start up is in the Medicare sales area, which is a small group of peers at the manager, director and vice president level that will convene perhaps monthly before AEP season comes upon us all. We are looking to start a second sales user group composed of plans that do not compete with one another. In this case, we want to put groups together that are not direct competitors.
How to Get Involved
We want to put people together in a careful way to promote sharing and networking, so we will consider requests to be included in groups that are not direct competitors. Send us an e-mail requesting participation, the type of topics you want to discuss and we will match you up with the right group. We will reply with a suggested assignment, the topics that the group is discussing and the meeting times. If it is a mutual match, we will get you a call-in number for the conference calls.