CMS Do’s and Don’ts
Our Medicare Sales user group put their fingers on CMS marketing and sales compliance updates. They identified this as one key area where a webinar would really help them prepare for the upcoming AEP season. They wanted to know:
- What has changed in the Medicare Marketing Guidelines since last year?
- How can we be sure we have the right interpretation of the differences between educational and marketing events?
- When does the scope of appointment fail to meet CMS guidelines?
- What are the special situations I have that are more specific than the guidelines?
- What is CMS surveillance going to look like this AEP season?
When is it and What Is Being Discussed?
RISE asked Katrina Pelto to speak to our sales group to address these questions and much more. Katrina is an independent consultant with an extensive background in compliance oversight and management. She provides regulatory affairs and compliance services to managed care organizations, insurance companies, and related businesses. She served as Regulatory Affairs Director for PacifiCare / SecureHorizons for 17 years, and has since consulted with numerous MA plans from coast-to-coast for several years. Katrina is in-demand, but we have succeeded in recruiting her to speak to you on this special event, a RISE original program.
Register now and mark your calendars for August 19, 2014. This is a 90 minute program that starts at 1:30 p.m. EDT.
The updates and changes to CMS regulations are taken into account in this webinar.
The presentation will focus on CMS sales and marketing do’s and don’ts affecting agents and brokers in the hustle bustle of the AEP as well as during the lock-in period. It is essential that your sales management, staff and contracted brokers / agents are completely current on these critical elements:
• Differences between marketing events and educational events
• Appropriate use of scope of appointment forms
• Allowed and prohibited activities when contacting beneficiaries
• Impact of CMS surveillance activities
This presentation will conclude with a review of 3 sales and marketing case studies to be followed by a question and answer period where you can clarify and test your understanding of these regulations.
Who Should Be Signing Up?
This webinar is of particular interest to both sales staff and management, compliance officers and sales training personnel. This applies not only to Medicare Advantage health plans and PDPs, but to all sales channels and downstream agents.
How Do I Get Access to the Recording?